Monday, July 16, 2012

A Bastille Day Weekend

This past Saturday was Bastille Day, the day during the french revolution when the revolutionaries stormed the Bastille, a military fort/prison. And, without even knowing it, I ended up having a very french weekend! On Saturday there was a farmers market downtown which happens every Saturday but this one was different. The French Society (I didn't even know that was a thing!) was overseeing it. All the french based shops from around came to sell their stuff and it was wonderful! One shop was there Called Au Peche Mignon which was a really real french bakery. They had everything and it was amazing. They even sold almond macarons! I have been looking for ages for a place that sold good macarons and this was most assuredly the place. They were PERFECT.

Then, on Sunday, one of the local high schools in collaboration with the rest of the county put on Le Miserables which was playing this past weekend and then also next weekend. It's been advertised in the paper and everywhere so it's a really big deal and since it was my high school putting it on I HAD to go see it. I had never seen it before so it was very new to me, though I do love musicals and plays, and OH MY DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS, Le Miserable is one of the most beautiful and heart wrenching plays I have ever watched. I cried watching it so many times I lost count! (It was definitely over 5) If any of you ever get a chance to see it, you have to go.
To celebrate the weekend (once I realized it) I put together a casual rococo inspired coordinate!

It was a lovely weekend.
With Love,
Delano

No comments:

Post a Comment